We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Quality Release Engineer to own the release and deployment of a stack of code while working to triage issues seen on the road.
In this position, you will be a Quality Engineering thought leader who works with internal stakeholders to implement streamlined processes that ensure our ability to scale effectively as well as a driver of internal automation projects.
If you're interested in shaping the future of Quality Engineering at Cruise, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Supporting development and execution of testing programs including simulation, road, environmental, and decision making
- Performing root cause analysis on complex integrated systems
- Supporting Engineering and Safety teams in module evaluation, real-world data collection, analysis, and testing
- Evaluating and analyzing autonomous driver performance to support development and safety
- Supporting implementation of safety methodology, documentation, requirements, and tests
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7-10+ years' experience with root cause analysis experience or complex troubleshooting across multidisciplinary systems
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related field
- Proficiency with the Linux command line interface
- Strong spatial comprehension and computational skills
- Passion for building self-driving technology and understand its potential impact on the world
- Python, or other scripting language experience
- GitHub and git experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.