We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Our mobile team is responsible for for defining and building the in-car experience for a driverless car. We provide interaction and situational awareness to our passengers to make them feel comfortable and safe about the driverless car’s behavior. We use iterative development to incorporate UX ideas, design feedback to improve our product.
- Build features from feedback from autonomous vehicle technicians, product team, executives
- Write unit and integration tests for the app
- Build a deployment workflow, using MDM to quickly release updates
- Understand our robotics platform and how to interact with it efficiently
- 3-5+ years experience
- BS degree preferred
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available on Google Play
- Ability to balance speed of development, code quality, automated testing
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Kotlin experience is a plus
- Computer graphics and visualization knowledge
- Knowledge of game engines
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.