We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for a skilled Perception Engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle development team.
- Sensor fusion as new technology is available
- Maintain and improve existing tracking code
- Lidar, radar, visual tracking
- Develop novel segmentation algorithms utilizing 3D point cloud data from LIDAR for object detection/recognition and scene understanding
- Work with machine learned and geometric systems
- Develop novel algorithms to detect and identify objects in the radar returns
- Work with machine learned and temporal systems
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, EE or similar field
- A minimum of 2 years working experience as a Software Engineer writing production C++ code
- Prior experience in any of probabilistic filtering, SLAM/Pose Estimation, optimization or machine learning
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C++ code
- Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience working with point clouds
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar infrastructure team for scripts/tools
- Excellent knowledge of linear algebra, matrix operations, and non-linear optimization
- 5+ years industry experience working with Lidar, Kinect, or Point Cloud space
- Experience with Linux
- Background in sensor fusion
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.