We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced C++ software engineers to design and develop production level, safety-critical control and estimation code. Hundreds of vehicles on the road will deploy the software that you develop. You will work with top computer scientists and autonomous driving experts to develop state-of-the-art algorithms and software for controlling the vehicle and design and implement fault detection and handling algorithms.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- Invent, extend, design and develop control and estimation features
- Take algorithms from conception to implementation and deployment
- Analyze performance from simulation and real-world testing (on public roads and closed-course test tracks), root cause issues, identify areas for improvement
- Work with existing code base to optimize reliability and performance
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or other related fields.BS plus 5-7+ years of industry experience, or MS/PhD plus 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong background in object oriented programming and system architecture
- One or more of the following skill sets:
- Classical feedback control theory, analysis and design techniques
- Knowledge of dynamics (modeling, simulation, validation)
- Experience with state estimation, inertial navigation, IMU/wheel encoder sensors, sensor fault detection and tolerance
- Experience developing SW for safety critical applications
- Familiarity with STL and Boost libraries
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with autonomous vehicles or robot path planning
- Experience with physically realistic simulations (timing frameworks, physical modeling and validation, fault injection, hardware-in-the-loop)
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience in code optimization and developing code for high performance real-time applications and
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.