We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is seeking a Staff Software Engineer (SSE) on the Enterprise Integration Services team. As an SSE, you will be leading and solving large scale and complex enterprise engineering problems, collaborating with several teams - business technology, product engineering, and senior business leadership. You will architect, build and scale up Cruise enterprise engineering solutions to support the fast scaling business of Cruise. The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in developing APIs, SOA, microservices, delivering high quality engineering solutions with hands-on platform development (integration hub). The SSE will build partnerships with business stakeholders and cross-functional teams, influence the strategy and technical roadmap that drives significant improvement across Enterprise Engineering with an impact on business outcomes.
What you must have:
- 10+ years of experience in building enterprise scale applications and cloud centric solutions across multiple functional areas
- Expertise with modern technology stacks, microservices, distributed systems, data persistence technologies, data taxonomy and public cloud platforms
- Experience in middleware, backend services, APIs and software engineering
- Led large technical initiatives from idea to operationalization and continuous evolution of technical solution to enable new business capabilities and improve efficiencies
- Ability to identify broad challenges (technical, functional, business challenges) worth tackling, and parse them into initiatives within and across engineering teams
- Experience creating ground up enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks, and practices
- Experience working with common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, XSD, XML,EDI, GraphQL, Business process automation and orchestration tools
- Programming experience in Python, Java, Go
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, automations, configuration management, artifact management and building advanced CI/CD solutions
- A passion for all things tech and has a drive to experiment with new technologies to see where they can benefit the business
- Experience working with API’s from commercial software applications, such as ERP, CRM systems
What you’ll be doing:
- Architect and build the integration platform connecting ERP, CRM systems with business critical SaaS based applications and engineering applications, the backbone of the Cruise fleet.
- Create enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks, and practices
- Advocate for architecture principles, business impact, better engineering, simple and direct solutions
- Own and drive the integration architecture across the ecosystem that meets security and compliance standards
- Define, publish and communicate integration technology standards, frameworks, principles and roadmap, in partnership with Enterprise Architects
- Establish consistent metrics to measure integration platform performance & health and create the platform roadmap for scale, reliability, low latency and speed of development and deployment
- Partner with cross functional teams to understand requirements to design, architect and build framework of data and application integrations. Partner with vendors, MSPs, engineering teams to ensure seamless end-to-end flow and data quality
- Understand the technology landscape of enterprise applications, product engineering applications, data analytics and establish priorities aligned with the different stakeholder groups including but not limited to product engineering, finance, operations, data science and senior business leadership
- Work across the project lifecycle: requirements, design, prototype, implementation, review, release, monitoring
- Review and approve technical design documents and pull requests. Improve and enhance engineering systems documentation and development processes
- Identify and pursue new paths of inquiry, innovation and challenge status quo
- Develop and nurture technical talent within the team and recruiting
The salary range for this position is $170,000 - 250,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.