We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Fleet Management group builds the tools that ensure we have ample supply of cost-effective Autonomous Vehicles mobilized to respond to and service customer demand. We support customers in Operations and Consumer Products (such as Ridehail and Delivery) to maximize the value of our fleet by covering the full vehicle lifecycle, assisting with new vehicle introduction, ingress and egress of AVs, the maintenance of custom hardware, real-time triage of on-road events, and support for efficient fleet orchestration in close partnership with Dispatch.
The successful candidate for this position will be expected to own the technical design and architecture of projects within our domain, and to take a lead role in driving the planning and delivery of our initiatives through a combination of mentorship, active communication, and through direct contributions to the code base.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us!
What you’ll be doing:
Lead technology and architecture decisions, including originating and assessing technical designs, and communicating design with engineers, partners and executives
Uphold a high technical bar, and drive high quality engineering practices across our department and Cruise
Mentor, coach and grow engineers in our department
Cultivate great cross-team relationships and collaboration
Raise the bar on engineering excellence by improving standard methodologies, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring
Work collaboratively to establish and execute on large, multi-team programs
Design and implement full-stack solutions to manage our growing set of product offerings powered by our autonomous vehicles
Own deployed code to our live production fleet of autonomous vehicles
What you must have:
8+ years of professional experience in building, shipping, debugging, and operating full stack web services in a production environment.
MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience.
The ability to make connections across different technical stacks, design patterns and development philosophies to come up with novel solutions.
The capacity to role model and mentor for others while acting with good judgment and responsibility
Broad knowledge of cloud computing platforms like GCP and AWS, API design and deployment (Real-time, REST, GraphQL), distributed systems, SOA and/or microservice-based architectures, datastores types and their tradeoffs, compute deployment strategies including serverless, common security vulnerabilities and mitigation, and web frontend development tech such as React
Knowledge of front end frameworks like React and state management tools like Redux
Excellent written communication skills. Your ideas, feedback, key decisions, and technical designs will be shared with other senior engineers, partners, and the company's leadership.
Strong product sense. You are aware of the value proposition of the products you are building, and can drive informed decision making around what should be built and why.
A passion for self-driving technology and its impact on the world
Experience in fleet management, fulfillment, dispatch, or logistics systems.
Experience in the autonomous vehicle or rideshare industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.