We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for an Engineering Analyst to help us combine data analytics at scale, domain expertise in Motion Planning and Controls, and knowledge of Autonomous Vehicle software into practical decisions.
We collaborate with Motion Planning and Controls software engineers to prototype new features, with Systems Test Engineers to evaluate performance of the AV and Systems Engineers to identify the appropriate metrics to quantify performance. By distilling information from large amounts of data, we help these teams make prioritization and design decisions and help reduce risk when developing new projects and deploying new features to our AVs.
If you're interested in building AVs that make better data-driven decisions, let's chat!
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform analysis of Autonomous Vehicle data to characterize vehicle systems performance and influence development of software features and systems engineering requirements
- Combine domain knowledge in Controls and Motion Planning and data analysis to facilitate data driven design and prioritization decisions
- Build data tools and visualizations to enable better decisions
- Develop methods to analyze and compare the impact of software changes on relevant performance metrics
- Translate data and analysis into useful recommendations
- Work with engineers and data scientists to define metrics and success criteria
What you must have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related STEM field
- 3+ years of proven experience in data analysis, data science, statistical analysis, or other related fields
- You have domain knowledge in one or more of the following fields: robotics, controls, trajectory planning, numerical optimization, decision making under uncertainty, machine learning
- You have experience working with large datasets, SQL and Python or C++
- You enjoy working with data visualization tools
- Ability to understand sophisticated technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Critical thinking skills - interpret what the data is telling us, and which analyses will reveal impactful conclusions
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles or vehicle development
- Experience with Jupyter, Looker or other data processing tools
- Experience with classical and modern ML algorithms
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics, controls and estimation, and trajectory planning algorithms
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.