We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
We’re the Fleet Reliability Systems (FRS) team, responsible for driving data science, data analytics, data visualization and tools development to perform reliability analysis of components and systems throughout Cruise to enhance vehicle availability across all Cruise operations. We do this by building predictive and forecasting reliability data models, developing investigation tools; simplifying the issue management process; documenting and standardizing the content and performing ad-hoc data analyses.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join the team. This new member will be in charge of building Prognostics applications to help identify which cars need to be serviced, so we can address issues before they inconvenience our customers or affect fleet utilization. You will own the application end-to-end, from prioritizing which issues to focus on, to building the features and predictive models, to bringing those models to production and writing the code that acts on your predictions and version control them. Building this application is pertinent to improve our customer experience as well as to optimize service operations and logistics.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help shape the vision by building models and developing tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues
- Work with multi-functional teams to understand and prioritize high-value, high-impact features that could help predict and prevent issues.
- Build efficient and reproducible data pipelines consuming petabytes of time series data to enable easy retrieving, analyzing and reporting on fleet data.
- Build machine learning models to predict failures, and continuously train to achieve maximum accuracy and efficiency.
- Use vehicle telemetry, service and supplier data to identify and forecast the population of vehicles at risk.
- Generate statistical models that apply vehicle time series signals to supervise fleet performance and drive preventive maintenance strategy.
- Develop interactive dashboards, invent new dynamic ways of looking at the data, get creative in order to drive system improvements and help draw meaningful insights and practical recommendations to end users.
- Help build tools/ web-applications using React (Front end) and Django (back end), so that they can self-serve customers with basic data retrieval and analyses in future.
- Drive a culture of safety at all times!
What you must have:
- 7+ years of proven experience in Automotive, Marine, Robotics, Consumer Electronics, or Aerospace industries.
- BS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Statistics or related field.
- Prior experience in developing reliability data strategies.
- Hands-on experience of building and deploying predictive models like Classification, Clustering, Forecast, Outlier Detection, Time Series in production.
- Expert in SQL (Bigquery, PostgreSQL etc).
- Expert in Python programming language and other important libraries including pandas, numpy and scipy.
- Experience in data visualization techniques (Looker, Plotly, Dash, Seaborn etc.).
- Solid understanding of statistics, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Strong foundation in machine learning.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change.
- Self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic demeanor to thrive in the ambiguity of a dynamic, start-up environment to iterate fast.
- Passion for autonomous technology and growing and mentoring teams.
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative subject area (e.g Machine learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering) or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Previous experience in reliability statistics.
- Working experience in building interactive web applications using backend frameworks like Django, Flask, front end like React etc.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.