We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
As a Staff Technical Product Manager, your job will be focused on building and implementing data mining solutions that solve the most high impact long-tail problems in autonomous driving. You will work closely with our talented engineers to make sure the right features are built the right way. You will understand true customer needs and create a roadmap to address them effectively. Having a strong technical background in AI/ML is critical to understand developer needs and explore possible technical solutions in collaboration with engineers.
Across CruiseAI ML teams, we work cross-functionally with engineering and product design to design and build products that accelerate the rate of development for our AV teams. Our product managers work closely with AV teams, platform and tooling teams to craft roadmaps that serve internal customers and accelerate their development speed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop the vision and the roadmap for the data mining platform used by applied ML and Robotics engineers at Cruise
- Work with applied ML teams across Cruise to understand their requirements for data mining and build generalized solutions
- Influence key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering
- Define long-term product strategy by proactively identifying emerging customer needs and business opportunities
- Launch new products and features, test their performance and iterate quickly
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy for your product area, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and unmet customer needs
- Leverage usability studies, data, industry innovation, and metrics to generate insights and improve AV performance and development speed
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
- Own product roadmaps and guide end-to-end product development
What you must have:
- 8+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- 5+ years of prior product management experience managing AI/ML products in either applied or platform space
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with large scale enterprise or consumer products powered by AI/ML solutions
- Proven track record for shipping/launching entirely new products/services and customer adoption.
- Ability to define & shape the business strategy for large product areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong and experienced customer focus and engagement
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and owning the narrative with leadership and key stakeholders
- A master disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast-moving environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Proven ability to partner effectively across functions with the ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions and priority trade-offs
- Solid fundamentals with knowledge of machine learning / deep learning algorithms, ML development workflow and algorithm design
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on workflow automation, machine learning and scalable platforms
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- MBA from a top program
- Domain knowledge of: Big Data, Machine Learning end-to-end life cycle and AI centric services
- Experience/familiarity with one of the mature ML platforms in the industry such as FBLearner, TFX, Michelangelo, Cortex etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading a large team at scale and managing engineering with an eye to driving efficiency
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.