We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
Want to work with some of the best security engineers in the industry, all while contributing to the development of robust and innovative pipelines, detections, incident response and forensics?
Cruise’s Detection & Response team defends against adversaries and internal threats. We are focused on protecting Cruise: our autonomous vehicles and technology, our employees, and our customers. To accomplish this, we are building robust and innovative data pipelines and detections, automating incident response, and developing leading-edge solutions to collect and forensically analyze data in both security incidents and investigations.
Cruise is approaching commercialization, and we need strong software engineering talent to build out innovative and scalable security systems that catch real-world attackers. Joining a foundational team of engineers, you will be responsible for writing and integrating software that spans the detection lifecycle. We derive inspiration from the ATT&CK framework, but are free to pave our own path.
You should be an engineering leader who spans the software engineering and security disciplines. We welcome and thrive on your outside-the-box thinking, which we need in order to make the Security problem tractable.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop behavioral detections to detect and stop attacks
- Write testable software using modern cloud architectures
- Perform code reviews for teammates
- Collaborate on joint initiatives with the Response technical lead
- Clearly design, propose, and document your systems
- Collaborate with teams across the organization both to identity and collect relevant log data, understand its semantic meaning, and to develop new detections
- Contribute security awareness and best-practice guidance to fellow security engineers
- Partner with the team’s manager to help set the technical direction of the team
- Work closely with the team’s Technical Program Manager to schedule and prioritize large projects
What you must have:
- Extensive experience writing testable software using any modern language and stack
- Experience deploying software using any modern CI/CD pipeline
- Extensive operational experience in Windows, Linux, or macOS environments
- Extensive grasp of information security principles and common attacker behavior
- Experience operating Cloud services (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience deploying and hosting software in kubernetes
- Experience mentoring less senior members of an engineering team
- Intimate knowledge of core network and application protocols
- Familiarity with SQL for querying complex data sets
- Experience administering Cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience developing high-fidelity detections from complex datasets
- Experience participating in threat hunts
- Familiarity with static and dynamic malware analysis
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.