We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for an experienced Materials Program Manager to help secure critical parts for our development builds. As an integral part of our fast growing hardware team, you will interact with engineering and procurement teams to identify, source and secure critical components for our AV systems. You will be our primary point of contact with both mechanical and electrical component vendors and own the timing of delivery of those parts.
If you are ridiculously organized, love getting things done, and are excited about self driving cars, then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Source and manage prototype suppliers, track incoming parts for in-house development builds
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand top level assembly forecasts and component lead-times,
- Work closely with Engineers during NPI design release, lead BOM risk assessment and materials risk-buy process. Identify potential delivery challenges and work with suppliers, procurement, engineer teams, and manufacturing partners to mitigate
- Drive Tier 1 CM clear to build materials review weekly, provide visibility to materials supply, highlight projected coverage and constraints
- Follow up supply gaps, Drive Tier 2 and 3 suppliers materials readiness as needed
- Self motivated with attention to detail and desire to improve existing processes
What you must have:
- 3+ years of experience in a material planning, procurement, or supply chain role
- BA or BS in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience
- Superior analytical skills, Advanced Microsoft Excel or Google sheet skills
- Program management and process improvement skills desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve business objectives
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem-solve
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- Preference given to candidates from the following industries: automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics, networking
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management, and MRP/ERP systems
- Experience working with overseas manufacturing partners
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.