We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is actively seeking senior technicians for the San Francisco autonomous vehicle research and development (R&D) team. We are a dynamic team that is supporting hardware development in the autonomous vehicle field.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Complete complex electro-mechanical functions and activities: vehicle troubleshooting, component and sensor testing, component and system removal/installation/assembly, fleet retrofits, updates and modification
- Support Fleet Reliability Engineers in logging, tracking and closing field report issues at the component level
- Perform AV platform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and repairs
- Conduct PCB and wire harness diagnostics, modification, and assembly
- Working technical knowledge of some or all of the following systems:12V/ CAN architecture; networking architecture; high voltage battery and ancillary systems; camera, FPGA, radar, and LIDAR sensor suites and related interconnections
- Produce and maintain detailed documentation around team processes and for all test and maintenance procedures
- Set up equipment and test fixtures; prepare and conduct tests; operate and maintain equipment used for testing, for both engineering and AV use.
- Directly contribute to projects supporting R&D initiatives and pre-release product validation
- Perform other prototype AV platform related duties as assigned
- Observe all safety standards. Maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly. Actively strive to prevent accidents and injuries.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics, robotics, or aerospace industries
- Formal education in Engineering Technology or trade school major. BS, AS, technology trade certificate, or work experience equivalent
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of terminal based computer commands
- Shop, lab, rapid prototyping, testing, and instrumentation skills
- Proven ability to use general shop, automotive, and diagnostic tools
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work in a cooperative, constantly evolving team setting with aggressive goals and ambitious timelines.
- Time management and cooperative development skills. Focus, attention to detail, and require minimal guidance to complete tasks
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
- Current driver's license with a good standing driving record
- Technical writing
- ASE Certifications
- Knowledge and understanding of ADAS or other autonomous sensor suite components
- Basic programming in Python or C++
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.