We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role
Cruise Academy is responsible for developing and delivering high-impact training that drives the success of our Commercial Operations teams. Our training programs range from delivering new hire training programs, to managing quality and audit programs, to running continuous education efforts among our Autonomous Vehicle Test Operators (AVTOs), Vehicle Technicians, Customer Success Agents and more. We are a growing team and this role will be among the first Instructional Designers at the company as we scale our training operation.
This is a full-time role based in Phoenix or San Francisco. You will be responsible for leading curriculum development projects from concept to implementation in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry. As such, our preferred candidate must understand adult learning theories and modalities and have demonstrated ability to apply that theory to develop innovative and engaging curriculum, job aids, videos, e-learning modules, and workbooks that will drive organizational learning and results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct training intake analyses with Cruise’s front-line operations teams including, but not limited to, Cruise’s AV Operations, Technical Operations, Service Operations, and Customer Success teams
- Prepare curriculum design documents that identify course objectives, content, assessment, and evaluation criteria
- Partner closely with subject matter experts to capture knowledge and accurately reflect it within the curriculum content
- Design and develop instructional materials and learning paths, ensuring maximum engagement and effectiveness across multiple modalities of learning
- Serve as project manager for training initiatives; set and stay within defined timelines and adjust as necessary to changes in priority or scope
- Create effective facilitator guides and train our trainers or operations management teams
- Deliver training modules directly to front-line operators if needed
- Keep learning curriculum up-to-date
- Develop, report on, and present metrics to gauge if desired outcomes are being met and use the data to drive continuous improvement in learning programs
- Conduct administration duties with the learning management system including assigning learning modules, managing permissions, maintaining or applying organizational and naming conventions, grading coursework where needed, and extracting reports
- Keep up to date with current trends in Learning and Development to ensure we are taking advantage of the most up-to-date technologies and techniques
What you must have:
- 3+ years experience in teaching and education, or instructional design (with ability to present an Instructional Design portfolio)
- Ability to take complicated technical and operational information and simplify it to meet audience needs
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Ability to remain calm and perform well under pressure
- Ability to connect with people of all backgrounds
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines for deliverables, with accuracy, quality and attention to detail
- Organized with strong ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicle technology and operations
- Professional Certifications (instructional design)
- Experience with design tools used in a learning creation environment (MS PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Techsmith Camtasia)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.