We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
As a Manager, Technical Product Management for AI Learning Cycle, you’ll align your team around a vision for the future and lead the charge to turn that vision into reality. You’ll focus on perfecting the learning cycle for our Cruise AV, enabling our AV engineering teams to learn from on-road and simulated driving to prioritize the most impactful features and ship new versions of the AV that achieve superhuman performance. At Cruise, our engineers face challenges that are unique to the AV industry and, in this role, you’ll lead the delivery of equally unique solutions.
Technical Product Managers at Cruise work across infrastructure, platform, data science, and AV teams. In this role, you’ll work on delivering the tools, processes, and systems that enable faster and better experimentation, from a micro level with individual AV engineers, to a macro level across the entire AV stack and release process. You’ll work cross-functionally with engineering, design, program management, and operations to build out a roadmap to realize your vision. You’ll keep teams focused on what is most important for the company; setting priorities, defining requirements, and ensuring delivery.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define and implement a next-generation AV testing and diagnosis strategy that powers Cruise’s autonomous vehicle, partnering with stakeholders across the organization
- Leverage usability studies, data, industry innovation, and metrics to generate insights and improve AV performance and development speed
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across engineering, legal, security, safety and technical program management
- Rapidly prioritize (and re-prioritize) product offerings based on impact, including defining clear success criteria so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
What you must have:
- 8+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- 5+ years of prior product management experience managing AI/ML products and partnering with data science to solve complex problem spaces
- Experience working with large scale enterprise or consumer products powered by AI/ML solutions
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and owning the narrative with leadership and key stakeholders
- Experience leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
- An ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- A master disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast-moving environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to partner effectively across functions with the ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions and priority trade-offs.
- Solid fundamentals with knowledge of machine learning / deep learning algorithms, ML development workflow and algorithm design
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on workflow automation, machine learning and scalable platforms.
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks and experience working with data products
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- MBA from a top program
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.