We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Embedded Systems Team develops the first layer of software on the car, from collaborating with hardware, to moving large amounts of data up the stack. We are looking for a hardworking Senior Systems Engineer who can own the software requirements specification for one of the following:
- Cameras and IR sensors
- Acoustic equipment, such as microphones and ultrasonic components
- Telematics components
This is a unique opportunity to own and define how the autonomous vehicle is integrated and what is required to bring autonomous vehicles to the world safely and at scale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Generate requirements for high performance software running on components such as cameras and IR sensors, telematics components (WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth, and GPS), Lidar, or acoustic equipment (microphones and ultrasonic components) for the autonomous vehicle system that ensure functionality, performance and safety when individual components are integrated into the broader system
- Drive discussions with Software and Hardware engineering teams to develop the overall integration strategy for projects at Cruise
- Work with test engineers to create test plans and review test cases to validate component functionality, performance, and safety
- Work with upstream and downstream stakeholders to identify system needs for program milestones and drive alignment
- Diligently track and communicate changes to requirements
- Conduct requirement reviews with all necessary stakeholders and efficiently close out issues and drive consensus
- Create and maintain requirements traceability
- Drive gap analysis efforts from current design to new requirements
What you must have:
- 5+ years experience in Systems, Integration, SW/HW engineering, or Quality Management working on complex and safety/time-critical products (automotive, aerospace, industrial, medical, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent real world experience
- Specific knowledge of and experience with developing requirements for cameras and IR sensors, telematics components (WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth, and GPS), Lidar, or acoustic equipment (microphones and ultrasonic components)
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles including requirements analysis, decomposition/allocation and traceability, Concept of Operations development, root cause analysis, and top down thinking
- Ability to analyze system designs, determine tradeoffs, and optimize solutions
- Experience working with embedded software and hardware components including knowledge of common architectures for both. Understanding of software and hardware development processes
- Self motivated and a strong communicator who can proactively bring multi-functional teams together to get alignment
- Solid presentation, written, and documentation skills
- Domain knowledge in any of the following areas:
- Vehicle health & diagnostics
- Familiarity with automotive safety (or similar regulated industry experience)
- Vehicle integration
- Familiarity with FMEA, fault trees, and/or hazard analysis
- Previous experience working with Autonomous Vehicles
- Experience with:
- Jama or similar requirements management tools
- Jira or similar agile development tools
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.