We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Portfolio Strategy Manager initiates and runs the strategy process by which alternative supply scenarios are developed and evaluated for business review, funding and implementation for an assigned region or program. Upon approval, the Manager executes the space strategy by coordinating activities across CREWS and running the outsource process to acquire or dispose of space via purchase, sale, lease or license agreement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop strong relationships with the Robotics and leadership teams to provide partnership and drive a long-term strategic vision for the group’s recruiting requirements
- Translate demand requirements into metro or site-level space supply scenarios
- Ensure supply scenarios undergo a robust due diligence and qualitative / quantitative evaluation and are routinely mined for opportunities to optimize real estate cost drivers through improved space utilization, space standards, and alternative working arrangements
- Lead business case development and presentation to summarize supply scenario options and guide decision making using financial and non-financial information and performance metrics.
- Monitor critical lease dates requiring action and proactively evaluate potential actions via the strategy process. Synthesize into an annual plan-of-record (POR) including recommendations on property investment, divestment, consolidation or improved efficiency.
- Monitor and track strategy and transaction activities to proactively handle risk and ensure proper traction, forward momentum, and timely completion of all initiatives.
- Coordinate the creation of relevant documents, including but not limited to: business case approvals, project initiation and engagement agreements, situational market analyses, requests for proposals (RFPs), letters of intent, and lease documents including exhibits
- Handle the site evaluation and selection process for new sites, relocations or expansions in support of approved business cases in partnership with CREWS colleagues and Site / BU representatives.
- Ensure Transaction Managers, Legal, Tax, and Treasury negotiate purchase, sale or lease agreements in-line with scenario assumptions, [Company] lease standards, and critical business terms & conditions. Serve as an escalation path to this set of business partners.
- Ensure all work align with corporate policies as they relate to identifying and mitigating potential conflicts of interest and adhering to any governmental or jurisdictional agency requirements or processes.
- Work closely with and coordinate with other CREWS functions, HR Workforce Planning and BUs
- Partner with external service delivery partners to drive outstanding performance, responsiveness, professionalism and value.
What you must have:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma
- 10+ years of corporate real estate experience
- 7+ years in a strategic portfolio planning or commercial real estate transactions role of which 3+ years must have been in support of a global or international portfolio
- Professional verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Sound legal understanding and judgment
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to summarize facts
- Financial and data modeling skills including advanced Excel
- Professional written and visual communication skills including storyboarding and advanced PowerPoint
- Project management skills
- Strategic sourcing / vendor performance management skills
- Advanced Master Degree or Diploma
- Experience working in a growing start up as well as global tech company
- Education or background in organizational design, workforce planning, corporate strategy, finance, real estate, real estate law or design (architecture, interior design, workplace strategy)
- Space planning or design skills
- Availability for business travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.