We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Brand Communications Designer will create Cruise branded content, marketing, and communications assets. They will evolve and grow the Cruise brand through consistent and creative design work across a variety of channels and media.
The Brand Communications Designer will report to the Senior Art Director, and should have an array of design skills, with a portfolio that reflects a variety of media and creative tools. The role will encompass a broad spectrum of design work, from hundred page reports to minor pixel pushing for presentations and internal communications. The ideal candidate should have experience developing branded content, with an emphasis on collateral and presentations.
This position will be based in San Francisco.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on design of external and internal marketing and communications assets
- Assisting in the execution of branded content and marketing campaigns
- Translation of technical concepts into consumer friendly visuals
- Ensuring consistent production quality and brand application across all channels
- Supporting and working closely with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Using your visual translation skills to create clear and engaging content
- Collaborating with multiple teams and internal partners
What you must have:
- A portfolio with an emphasis on clean, beautiful, effective design
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite and other core design tools
- Solid digital manipulation skills and an ability to create visual magic out of spare parts
- Comfortable in a self-driven, fluid environment, and able to juggle multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills, as this all about translating ideas and words into art
- Combination agency and in-house experience
- Design examples of data visualization and/or advertising material
- Familiarity with web design and web publishing platforms
- Experience creating assets for social media platforms
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.