We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are seeking a technical leader to define, develop, build, test, and support a wide breadth of Cruise’s Autonomous Vehicle Modules; Sensor Ingest, Inertial Navigation, Telematics, and Infotainment! Our ideal candidate is a servant leader experienced in technical ownership from cradle to grave across multiple lines and generations of product. You’ll also need to excel at collaboration as you work with Cruise’s world class Engineering team, industry experts at GM and Honda, top global suppliers, and end-customer feedback.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a small team of Hardware Engineers that own the AV Modules that enable our mission!
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional collaboration efforts with Architecture, Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Test Engineering, GM Vehicle Teams, and Manufacturing to ensure full coverage in requirements and features as well as change management.
- Closely collaborate with Technical Project Management and Supply Chain counterparts to deliver components that meet timing and cost goals.
- Create and execute technical roadmaps anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Define and continuously improve best practices for the team.
- Promote (and live) a healthy and collaborative team culture based on Cruise values.
What you must have:
- 10+ years of experience designing complex hardware/systems from concept to mass production for automotive, robotic, or aerospace industry.
- 5+ years of direct management experience with a proven track record of building high-performance teams.
- BS/MS in Engineering or related discipline, with a solid understanding in EE and ME fundamentals.
- Leadership of small teams while remaining technical and hands-on.
- Strong cross-functional verbal and written communication and collaboration.
- Experience with automotive and/or safety critical applications.
- Extensive tier 1 manufacturing JDM experience, or even working for a tier 1.
- Expert within our tool suites; Atlassian, Jama, Teamcenter and Google.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.