We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of critical initiatives, helping to execute against pivotal programs, within tight timeframes. Working as a cross functional leader, this role will be working with all business units throughout Cruise in detailing procedures, leading programs from inception to launch, and ensuring success of cross collaborative efforts between business units.
Program Manager to be based within our Cruise AI group, reporting to the AI Strategy & Operations Manager and partnering closely with the VP, key engineering leaders, and cross functional partner teams. As a cross functional leader, this role will be working with numerous business units throughout Cruise in detailing procedures, leading programs from inception to launch, and ensuring success of cross collaborative efforts between business units.
What you will be doing:
- Optimally follow through on strategy for short and long-term department goals, which will be developed directly with the AI Strategy & Operations Manager.
- Use data to implement, supervise, and evaluate critical metrics; proactively propose and champion process, tooling, or documentation.
- Work with People Analytics to develop business critical dashboards to analyze recruiting and people initiative efforts.
- Communicate across key groups to understand needs and align on priorities.
- Work with senior leadership on creation of new processes and documentation.
- You are the go to for a portfolio of cross-functional projects within AI.
- Partner with stakeholders to help them execute on critical initiatives & drive operational scale and efficiency.
What you must have:
- Ability to drive forward solutions in ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Experience leading sophisticated cross-functional projects and programs.
- 5+ years of work experience, ideally at a fast-growing company.
- Ability to understand basic technical concepts.
- Organized, structured problem solver that can navigate different projects, tools, and partners and communicate status, progress, issues, and changes to diverse audiences.
- Analytical and detailed; can build and use critical metrics / dashboards to implement sophisticated operations.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about autonomous technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.