We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
How the AV drives is just as important for rider satisfaction as apps and in-car experiences. As a Product Manager on the AV Behavior team, you will lead defining how our AVs drive to deliver the best customer experience. In this role, you will advocate for the rider and provide clarity for our AV engineering teams. You will focus on one of these areas:
- Safety & Comfort—defining when to drive cautiously or confidently, how we navigate complex occlusions, handle in-lane debris, comfortable spacing from objects while balancing safety, and more.
- Maneuvers—defining how customers want our AV to pick them up or drop them off, navigate dynamic environments like parking lots, handle unprotected turns or double-parked vehicle overtakes, execute lane changes, and more.
- Routing, Dispatch, and ETAs—defining how customers would prefer our AV to route between destinations, balance ETA tradeoffs, communicate routing decisions, reroute due to traffic, and more.
- Environment—defining how customers and external stakeholders would expect our AV to interact with EMVs, school buses, police officers, sudden adverse weather conditions, construction zones, and other dynamic changes to the environment.
- Regulatory, Functional Safety, and Degraded States—defining how our AV complies with the rules of the road, how we handle degradation in connectivity, sensors, and compute while delivering a great customer experience, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set the vision for your product area, maximizing your deep understanding of customer needs, knowledge of the industry, and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Translate that vision into a strategy and PRDs that lay out clear customer requirements for our engineering partners to digest. Ensure that partner teams understand and align with what we are doing and why.
- Communicate continuously with customers, understanding their evolving needs and translate that into AV behaviors that better serve them.
- Globally prioritize the feature roadmap for your product area so that we are responsive to customer feedback, meet program requirements, and continue to improve our core product.
- Work closely with partner teams, including design and engineering, to bring the product to life.
- Define, track, and celebrate success within your product area. Represent and evangelize your product area internally and help Cruise learn from your team.
- Collaborate with Business, Engineering, Design, Program Management, and Operations teams to ensure product vision, strategies, and roadmaps bring to market products that solve user needs and meet business objectives.
What you must have:
- 5+ years of customer-centric product management or relevant experience
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful consumer-focused product throughout its lifecycle, including experience managing both frontend UX and backend services
- Experience launching new products
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving user needs
- Use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Identify and act on process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.