We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization: Our marketing team includes leaders in brand management, data analytics, and creative strategy and production. At Cruise, we're building a world-class brand from the ground up, starting in San Francisco. We work closely with cross-functional teams to develop a global brand that will redefine mobility for the next generation. The Cruise brand is expected to grow to become a leading consumer brand globally over the next decade.
About the role: The brand activations team leads the planning and execution of strategic partnership and community marketing campaigns and experiential marketing efforts. We produce campaigns and experiences that educate and engage potential customers, regulators, and residents of the communities in which we will operate. We are looking for a Senior, Experiential Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the planning and execution of key marketing and events efforts. Potential events and campaigns could include building out our San Francisco community events program, brand and product events, media and press events, and supporting branding efforts for key recruiting events. Responsibilities include driving project strategy, project management, experiential marketing production, creative asset and video production, and agency and vendor management. Outside of the marketing organization, this role will collaborate closely with our public and government affairs, social impact, partnerships, recruiting, and engineering teams.
If you're interested in helping bring the Cruise mission and brand to life in impactful and exciting experiential ways, please apply!
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a strategic thinker who is comfortable owning the development of a strategic brief for integrated experiential marketing programs and campaigns
- Leads production and execution of projects and events through to completion
- Develop and project manage creative work and marketing efforts like events collateral, interactive/experiential event content, community engagement collateral, and videos
- Lead the reboot of our event program operations, including producing branded event kits, scaling branded event templates and best practices within Cruise, managing autonomous event vehicles, and swag inventory.
- Communicate brand equity pillars (ie our commitment to safety, the environment, accessibility)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, partners, agencies, and production teams
What you must have:
- 5-10 years experience executing a variety of world class marketing campaigns - in-house or through agencies working closely with top brands
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or a related field
- Ability to translate brand strategy into persuasive execution
- Ability to develop and clearly communicate breakthrough creative concepts that turn heads
- Great project management skills to lead projects from brief to executional excellence
- Ability to collaborate with–and draw consensus among–internal senior stakeholder groups
- Be a proven and inspiring leader of agencies, partners, and vendors - draft SOWs, on-board partners, manage budgets, etc.
- Flexibility, agility, and ability to work in a fast moving Silicon Valley technology company
- Industry experience (technology, automotive, ride-hail) and an interest to learn more about Cruise self-driving technology
- Ability to work in San Francisco
- An eye for good creative and high-end event design
- Previous experience managing agency partners
- Previous experience executing brand and community events
- Familiarity and basic editing capabilities with Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.