We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization:
Our marketing team includes leaders in brand management, data analytics, and creative strategy and production. At Cruise, we're building a world-class brand from the ground up, starting in San Francisco. We work closely with cross-functional teams to develop a world-changing global brand that will redefine mobility for the next generation. The Cruise brand is expected to grow to become a leading consumer brand globally over the next decade.
About the role:
The Brand Marketing Manager will be a key contributor in building the Cruise brand. This person will support the strategic development and execution of Cruise’s integrated marketing initiatives to build awareness, favorability and customer intent.
This exciting opportunity encompasses equal parts strategic and creative -- from brief writing and critical communications planning to providing thoughtful creative feedback and managing marketing tactics. This is a highly collaborative, cross-functional role, working closely with our research, growth, measurement, communications, creative, public affairs, legal, operations, customer service, and recruiting teams. This person will also partner with Cruise’s external creative and media agencies to develop the assets and communications that will run across owned, earned and paid media. This emerging leader is the glue that holds the team together, coordinating the end-to-end execution, building trust with leaders, and ensuring brand consistency.
This role will be based in San Francisco.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support brand managers in the planning, strategy, communications, creative development and execution of brand campaigns.
- Craft marketing briefs grounded in insights, incorporating input from relevant teams.
- Collaborate with internal and external creative partners as they translate the brief into consumer-facing assets. Ensure all paid, owned, and earned assets are aligned with core strategy and messaging. Facilitate approvals with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Communications, Creative, Design, Government Affairs, and Product teams in the development and execution of brand campaigns.
- Communicate marketing plans, key initiatives and results to internal stakeholders effectively and efficiently.
- Serve as brand champion. Be the go-to person for brand best practices, approvals and guidelines. Facilitate conversations and build internal brand management processes so Cruisers can effectively apply the brand in their work.
What you must have:
- Experience developing and executing brand marketing campaigns for consumer-facing, digital-first brands.
- Strong strategic and analytical capability to identify and distill consumer insights and turn them into actionable briefs, creative, comms, etc.
- Experience working with internal or external creative and media agencies.
- Ability to build sustainable relationships to create effective cross-functional collaboration.
- Excellent project management skills to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Impeccable attention to detail, demanding excellence in every deliverable.
- An engaging communicator and cross-functional collaborator.
- Infectious energy that brings ambition and enthusiasm into their work.
- Strong learning agility, ongoing curiosity, and a growth mindset.
- Customer and community oriented.
- Ability to work in San Francisco.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.