We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Staff Systems Engineer to design and write requirements for a Multi Processor System-on-Chip (MPSoC) solution for our sensor integration and compute components.
In this position, you will have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and Autonomous Vehicle technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in being intellectually challenged while working on technology that will change the world
What you’ll be doing:
- Apply technical understanding, critical reasoning, and a structured approach to solving problems in both familiar and unfamiliar domains
- Conduct requirement reviews with all stakeholders in alignment with safety and regulatory constraints
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, scope out, and solve ambiguous open-ended problems
- Trace requirements implementation throughout all stages of hardware and software integration
- Communicate and negotiate requirements with internal and external partners
- Responsible for leadership and cross-functional collaboration, providing assistance in the development of consensus
- Provide constructive feedback on team members' work
What you must have:
- 8 + years of Industry experience in automotive sensors, aerospace, autonomous vehicle development, systems engineering, or other related field
- In depth knowledge of FPGA based MPSoC's for automotive applications
- Experience with on board memories including eMMC, QSPI etc.
- Knowledge of diagnostics for such MPSoC's including thermal and voltage monitoring for boards
- BS or higher level education in Electrical Engineering, or another related field
- Experience in system engineering and requirements management including system analysis, requirements authoring, test generation, and validation activities
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Manage multiple priorities while maintaining the tasks at hand
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Experience with video and image processing or radar or lidars
- Experience with S32 automotive platform
- Experience with systems safety (ISO 26262, SOTIF standard, etc.)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.