We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
What you’ll be doing:
- Clearly specify and develop Boot ROM and ARM trusted firmware.
- Participate in projects from conception to implementation and bring-up.
- Support the development of device drivers, and diagnostic software for SOCs.
- Support the multi-functional development validating from pre-silicon FPGA-based platforms to ASIC post-silicon verification.
What you must have:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience developing embedded system software from requirements into validated implementations.
- Solid understanding of SOC based systems and low-level software
- Excellent communication skills. Experienced in crafting and presenting clear technical specifications and communicating with multi-functional teams.
- Proficiency with C, Python (or similar), Shell scripts, and Arm v8-A/v7-A assembly.
- Experience with developing embedded software at levels from bare-metal, Trusted Firmware (or similar), to embedded Linux drivers.
- Experience writing code that is deployed in ROM, and designing in patch points.
- Proficiency with industry-standard software engineering tools such as Git, Jenkins, GDB/Lauterbach debugging, Buildroot, configuration management, and continuous integration.
- Experience with PCIe, networking drivers, and peripheral drivers
- Experience using software or FPGA-based emulators.
- Being able to read SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with interpreting captured waveforms.
- Knowledge of how to use lab equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers is a plus.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested