We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization: Our marketing team includes leaders in brand management, data analytics, and creative strategy and production. At Cruise, we're building a world-class brand from the ground up, starting in San Francisco. We work closely with cross-functional teams to develop a world-changing global brand that will redefine mobility for the next generation. The Cruise brand is expected to grow to become a leading consumer brand globally over the next decade.
About the role:
The Senior Social Media Manager will be responsible for managing and evolving our Cruise social media ecosystem. Responsibilities include the management and evaluation of our current social channel and content strategy, creating new campaigns and content, and optimizing social media integration with the rest of our digital platforms (website, email, etc). As we move from R&D to early commercialization, this strategy will expand into customer service and the overall extension of our product experience. This exciting opportunity encompasses equal parts strategic, creative, and analytical thinking -- from social strategies for key initiatives to hands-on day-to-day content execution to measuring and optimizing performance. Additionally, this leader will shape our longer-term thinking about social channels, including identifying the listening/moderation platforms, infrastructure, and team resources needed to scale.
This role reports to the Marketing Director, and will grow a team of 1-3 direct reports over the next year. This is a highly collaborative, cross-functional role, working closely with our growth marketing, marketing measurement, communications, creative, public affairs, operations, customer service, and recruiting teams to define content needs and develop a cohesive social strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- From brief to execution, you’ll lead Cruise’s social media programs to build Cruise’s brand awareness and favorability.
- Craft social media strategies for marketing campaigns, earned news, evergreen and opportunistic moments.
- Develop and drive our overall social editorial strategy and calendar, across all platforms.
- Evaluate and implement new and relevant platforms.
- Collaborate with the creative team to brief breakthrough, earned-creative moments that are social by design.
- As we launch our ride-hail and delivery businesses, collaborate with growth marketing on social campaigns that drive acquisition.
- Utilize social to cultivate a Cruise “fan base” of enthusiasts, recommending influencer strategies and other tactics.
- Regularly measure and analyze social media content, sharing insights and best practices with the team to optimize content and creative.
- Identify the social media management tools we’ll need as we grow.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, partners, agencies, and production teams to develop strategies, craft content, and manage social media calendar.
What you must have:
- Consistent track record developing and executing goal-exceeding social media programs for consumer-facing brands, digital-first brands.
- Extremely fluent in social platforms. Proactively keeps a pulse on channel and behavioral trends.
- Proficient in the digital world and emerging platforms, with hands-on experience with Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Conversant in social analytics, social listening, and automation tools.
- A keen eye and ear for creative storytelling opportunities.
- Experience creating full-funnel social strategies, from awareness to acquisition.
- Experience with paid-social planning and buying.
- Experience partnering with customer success teams to identify channel strategy and operating procedures to address customer needs.
- Experience utilizing social channels to mitigate/support crisis or reputational issues.
- Deep expertise in social media measurement. Ability to turn insights into action that optimizes performance.
- An engaging communicator and cross-functional collaborator.
- Strong executive presence; ability to represent their functional expertise to senior executives in a cohesive and clear manner.
- A collaborative, humble, hands-on approach. A growth mindset and an ego that lends itself to great work rather than individual accolades.
- Ability to work in San Francisco.
- Familiarity and basic editing capabilities with Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.