We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Detection and Response’s mission is to secure the data of Cruise, its partners, and its customers by detecting anomalous access to data and responding quickly to prevent data breaches, data spills, and data leaks. We do so by leveraging a rich set of endpoint and cloud security technologies as well as writing and deploying our own detection capabilities.
We are seeking a Security Engineer to accelerate our Data Loss Prevention (DLP) efforts with experience in one or more of the following:
- Deploying and monitoring endpoint and cloud DLP solutions like Incydr, SkyHigh, Google DLP, Proofpoint
- Building alerting pipelines on DLP events; and
- Implementing DLP controls
You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build unique privacy technologies and grow user trust. We need your skills and passion to make it happen. Role can be remote for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Selecting, deploying, configuring and monitoring endpoint and cloud DLP solutions
- Developing DLP alerts to inform our Incident Response team when there are DLP events with a minimum of false positives.
- Building pipelines for DLP alerts and engagement with users via Slack.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest architectural advancements, understanding how architecture impacts incident detection, response and DLP.
- Collaboration within and outside the security organization to achieve privacy.
What you must have:
- Excited about privacy and to be on the cutting edge of privacy problems
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent real-world experience.
- 3 years of experience in a related role and experience with DLP concepts, practices, and tooling.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as; Go or Python
- Code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Perseverance and negotiation skills with a track record of achieving good user outcomes
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across subject areas (e.g. engineering, legal, policy)
- Ability to develop work with minimal direction, maintain and report against a work plan, provide updates and status reports, given scope and objectives.
- Experience in building complex SQL queries across diverse datasets (DNS, file system events, network data flows).
- Ability to automate detection and response across a variety of platforms.
- Familiarity integrating DLP solutions with SOARs.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.