We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Research team focuses on experiences that serve Cruise’s target customer as well as internal teams at Cruise. We work closely with the Marketing, Design, Product, and other cross-functional teams to provide insights that will lay the foundation for an AV ride-sharing experience. As a part of this team, you will have a critical role in shaping the Cruise experience and the impact it will have on the transportation and automotive industries that have shaped our way of living.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with internal partners to identify and prioritize opportunities where research can help craft marketing and communications strategy, messaging, and creative
- Lead all aspects of primary research including: Meet with cross-functional partners, scope projects, choose methodologies, create research plans/discussion guides/surveys, execute research, clean/analyze/weight data, synthesize findings into meaningful themes, and write actionable and impactful reports
- Lead ongoing survey research programs
- Manage marketing agencies/vendors
- Communicate research findings through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, and workshops
What you must have:
- B.A./B.S. in Business, Social Sciences, Statistics, Market Research or equivalent
- 2+ years conducting qualitative and quantitative primary research in an insights or market research role
- Track record of independently leading research including: discussion guide creation, moderating interviews and group conversations, survey design, consumer choice exercises (conjoint, max diff), data cleaning and analysis, weighting, and reporting
- Experience with brand and advertising research, positioning, message development and optimization, value proposition development, and communications checks
- Experience managing agencies/vendors
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative to solve problems
- Experience using Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, R, SPSS, Tableau
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.