We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Our Training and Quality team is responsible for developing and delivering high-impact training that drives Cruise’s safety culture within our core AV Operations. Our training programs range from delivering new hire training programs, to leading quality and audit programs, to running continuous education efforts among Autonomous Vehicle Test Operators (AVTOs) and eventually vehicle technicians and other Cruise operators.
This is a full-time role with Cruise based in Phoenix, Arizona that will require at least 2 days per week in person, possibly up to 5 depending on the training content that is being crafted and delivered. This person will be responsible for both instructional design and delivery, with an initial focus on training delivery. As such, our ideal candidate must understand adult learning theories and modalities and have demonstrated ability to apply that theory to develop innovative and engaging curriculum, job aids, videos, e-learning modules, and workbooks that will drive organizational learning and results. They must also be comfortable teaching and facilitating that content.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner closely with operations organizations, including AV Operations, Technical Operations, Service Operations, Recruiting, and Operations Strategy to assess training needs and craft, develop, then deliver in-person and online training.
- Utilize instructional design acumen to figure out the best training approach that improves learning for each of our operating domains
- Coordinate outstanding vehicle safety and operations training for all new AVTOs, and eventually other Cruise operations staff
- Maintain complete alignment on training standards across all Cruise operations, identify opportunities for improvement, and ensure improvement opportunities are submitted to AV Ops HQ for evaluation
- Stay up-to-date on the latest changes for operations, AV behaviors & tools
- Facilitate a closed course training/test as part of the AVTO recruiting process
- Ensure the training curriculum is current and accurately vetted by Legal and Operations Managers, and conduct refresher trainings as needed
- Intake new training requests, develop content, and deliver instruction for ad-hoc projects
- Develop and continuously improve our training processes
What you must have:
- 2+ years experience in teaching and education, or instructional design
- Passion for fostering Cruise’s safety first culture
- Consistent track record of maintaining outstanding safety standards
- Outstanding communication skills with an emphasis on public speaking and teaching
- Able to focus on supervising software in a moving vehicle
- Ability to offer immediate, fair, and honest feedback when needed
- Ability to learn and understand new trainings and thoroughly train 500+ AVTs in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Ability to remain calm and perform well under pressure
- Team player capable of prioritizing and handling shifting duties
- Ability to connect with people of all backgrounds
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicle technology and operations
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.