We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role
Offensive Security owns adversary simulation, a powerful tool to find security unknowns in Cruise infrastructure. The perfect candidate will help the team increase its reach by designing, getting execs greenlight and executing offensive operations simulating a variety of threat actors. We are looking for someone who values quality improvement and management that is not scared of difficult projects -- i.e. you break to figure out what to build to make re-breaking more difficult if not impossible.
What you’ll be doing: (approximately 3 - 5 responsibilities; to provide a realistic image of the role)
- Lead agile planning, sprint management, and expediting of work
- Point person for generating reports, read-out to client, and agreement of corrective actions
- Coordinate with team leads to drive up-take of Offensive Security services
- Point person for coordination with director and above
- Person that truly believes in Offensive Security as a catalyst to security
- Understand Red Team operation lifecycle (from drafting Rules of Engagement to develop stealthy, reliable malware implants and command & control (c2) protocols)
- Knowledge about red team infrastructure requirements to perform an operation
- Use your expertise in components of the modern tech stack to help us exploit them (build systems, PaaS environments, container orchestration systems, data science platforms, etc.)
What you must have:
- Experience managing offensive security or red teams
- Experience performing penetration testing to web applications and infrastructure
- Strong interest in security / breaking things. Offensive mindset
- Experience in Security research and presenting findings (internally or externally)
- Contributions to the community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud
- Low level development skills (C, C++, ASM)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.