We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with experience in thermal mechanical packaging, hardware design, and mechanical validation testing. In this position, you will be part of the Hardware - Thermal Mechanical team, which is responsible for developing the thermal mechanical management for our autonomous vehicles compute system. You will interact with electrical engineers, layout engineers, thermal engineers, SI engineers, embedded system engineers, technical program managers internally and various vendors externally to ensure high quality components are designed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with cross functional vehicle integration teams to come up with the detailed requirements for thermal mechanical management systems
- Gather requirements, studying design trade off, and defining detailed specification for mechanical components
- Drive mechanical design and validation efforts which includes mechanical manufacturing process with tolerance stack up, and sub-system testing
- Work with Tier1/2/Contract Manufacturers vendors on component development plan, clarifying technical queries, system tolerance analyses
- Create DFMEA, statement of work, and engineering documentations
- Perform FEA and optimize design based on results
- Create and update 2D drawings using GD&T
- Create and update tolerance analyses, component and system level
What you must have:
- 5+ years of experience with mechanical engineering with proficiency in: thermal mechanical management including thermal interface material, system tolerance stackup, manufacturing processes (die cast, molding)
- Proficiency of structural and thermal simulations
- Proficiency in Solidworks (NX and Creo acceptable)
- Proficiency in standard manufacturing processes and common material properties
- Fluent in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in electro-mechanical integration
- Demonstrate full ownership of assigned systems/components
- Understand timelines and determining project deadlines in order to meet program timing
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in opto-mechanical systems
- Experience in manufacturing process for high volume production
- Experience in root cause analysis
- Experience with compute thermal mechanical systems for vehicles
- Experience with Atlassian, Jira and Confluence
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.