We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Design team is a passionate, multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists that drive the experience of Cruise’s self-driving car service. We’re solving the challenge of introducing emerging self-driving technology to people’s everyday routines. With the support of General Motors, our team creates a holistic, end-to-end experience of our self-driving ride-sharing platform, from consistent brand presence to designing the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. We’re building a team of individuals who will help us thoughtfully craft every touchpoint a rider will have with our vehicles.
As a Product Writer at Cruise, you'll work on the Design Team to shape a new category of intuitive, resonant experiences for autonomous vehicles.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and drive content standards that are industry-leading for autonomous vehicle experiences
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, managers, marketers, and engineers to draft, edit, test and improve content for our in-product experiences
- Be a thought partner on the design team, giving and receiving feedback on our product design and development
- Promote content strategy at Cruise and in the broader community of content professionals
What you must have:
- 5+ years working with content for web or product experiences
- At least 2 years of in-product writing experience (UI, notifications, error messages, tooltips, etc.)
- A portfolio of UX Writing work submitted with your application
- Passion for embracing ambiguity and shaping new products
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.