We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Design is a passionate group of leaders across design, research, brand, and 3D environments. We craft the experience people have with Cruise – from our self-driving vehicles, to our software, to the way people experience our brand. We’re solving the challenge of introducing self-driving technology to people’s lives with a commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from generating new product innovations to crafting the environment and finishes. You will demonstrate your full range of product thinking, industrial design, and maker skills to shape the future of autonomous vehicle experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams to inspire, conceptualize, design, test, and develop projects.
- Own the entire design process—working within an environment where scope and constraints may change quickly.
- Sketch and prototype physical models of new experiences to bring ideas to life.
- Use all types of design tools to support form development, design detailing, and prototyping; Create 2D and 3D renderings with photorealistic imagery.
- Maximize your superior visual communication skills to bring awareness and solicit feedback from partners early and often.
- Understand and balance user experience with the value of color, materials, and finishes in your designs.
What you must have:
- You’re committed to craft, sweat the details, and love technical challenges.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments.
- You have excellent hand sketching and form development skills.
- A passion for designing the elements of a service beyond the bevels.
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate your designs, receive feedback gracefully, and contribute to the work of others.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant digital tools Adobe CC, 3D CAD, rendering software.
- Ample technical knowledge to translate your designs for engineering.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.