We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Prediction Teams at Cruise are responsible for developing machine learning models to create a probabilistic representation of the world surrounding our vehicles to safely and effectively maneuver them around cities. Moreover, the team you build and grow will solve exciting challenges around what different agents (like other cars, buses, animals, pedestrians) are going to do in the next few seconds, their future paths, and how all those elements and more affect one another. You will work closely with our perception and robotics team to get the data you need from a variety of sensors, simulation data, and high-fidelity maps.
The Staff Machine Learning Engineer is a versatile role in Prediction that drives a wide spectrum of applied ML research and development to overcome challenges on urban roads.
What you’ll be doing:
- From a research perspective, exploring, prototyping, validating, and iterating new algorithms
- On the development side, driving efforts to optimize, supervise and refine on-road performance for models on the path to production
- Considered one of the technical leaders of the department who guides current and future technology choices
- Have a deep understanding of the business and operational impact for different technology tradeoffs, and able to balance effectively based on company’s need
- Enable others engineers on the team to be more effective through design and code that is easy to extend and contribute into
- Capable of influencing others and building consensus even over contentious technical debates
What you must have:
- BS, MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent industry experience
- Extensive experience with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, and PyTorch
- Extensive experience with machine learning and classification
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Excellent mathematical reasoning skills, especially with probability
- Passionate about self driving car technology and its impact on the world!
- PhD in machine learning or computer science
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, Gazebo, or PCL
- Experience with CUDA
- Track record in deploying prediction models into real world environments
- Experience with autonomous driving technologies
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.