We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
Reporting directly to the Head of HRBP, Core Engineering, you will develop the talent strategy and advise on all things People-related within Core Engineering. These programs include: performance management, talent development, leadership coaching, employee relations, organizational design and change management. You will also partner with the recruiting lead to support senior leaders with understanding their local market’s talent pool and developing hiring strategies in support of organizational goals and commitments. You are skilled at using both qualitative and quantitative data to perform root cause analysis, identify trends, and ultimately tell a story informing innovative approaches to building programs. You will work to ensure Cruise employees are engaged and developing. In your work, you will cultivate a collaborative culture of partnership, uphold our values and amplify the success of our business through our most important asset: our people.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will provide strategic partnership and counsel to the functional leaders and their management teams
- You will create and implement creative and progressive talent strategies addressing retention and development needs
- You will partner with core engineering teams through all People processes including compensation planning, talent development, performance management, employee engagement, organizational design, etc.
- You will coach and develop leaders at all levels within the organization, from individual contributors to senior leaders
- You will utilize data and analytics in order to inform key business and talent decisions
- You will collaborate with other People Team functions (compensation, recruiting, talent development, learning, etc.) to inform the design and implementation of People programs
- You will act as a cultural ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion
- You will mentor and coach other members of our People team
- You will ensure employee advocacy and fairness
What you must have:
- You possess 5+ years experience as strategic HR Business Partner
- You have a strong understanding of local labor laws with regards to a contingent workforce
- You are discerning and possess excellent problem-solving capabilities and the ability to make thoughtful decisions
- Analytically driven, you are experienced in utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis
- You possess experience driving key people, programs and processes (annual performance management cycles, calibration facilitation, compensation planning, executive coaching, employee relations/conflict resolution, organizational design, etc.)
- You have a track record of partnering with Senior Leaders to help them solve their most complex people challenges
- You have a track record of having a strong and trusting partnership with central HR functions, and are able to represent those functions to your leaders (e.g., partnering with recruiting to inform leaders of hiring trends and opportunities)
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are intellectually curious about people and organizational issues and are motivated by a desire to help others
- You possess an ability to balance client needs with leading and executing on the people team strategy and programs
- You possess impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- You are agile, able to adapt to shifting priorities, and offer a high-touch approach to client management
- You get your hands dirty while we continue to build and scale
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.