We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
IT Apps is an exciting and fast-evolving engineering group within Cruise IT. As a Senior IT Engineer you will be contributing to Cruise’s success by building and collaboratively identifying, designing, developing and deploying Workforce Collaboration & Workflow Automation apps (Confluence, Jira, JAMA, Salesforce, Zendesk) that fulfill strategic initiatives and operational improvements.
What you’ll be doing?
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert on implementation, management, and support of products and plugins across the entire IT App suite of tools (Confluence, Jira, JAMA, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc.)
- Provide recommendations to end users and leaders on best practices and standardization in implementing and leveraging processes within the IT Apps
- Develop metrics, dashboards, and advanced filters in JIRA/Confluence to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Determine ways to optimize and improve Atlassian setup and process workflows and identify where functionality can or cannot meet user requests
- Collaborate on problem resolution, team decisions, and project planning
- Support multiple projects, including set-up and management of users, project roles, security, and plug-ins
- Customize workflows for multiple projects and create custom fields, new issue types, workflow statuses, transitions, post-functions, field configurations, and workflow schemes
- Support and manage integrations to external systems as required
- Deliver high quality software using Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Conduct research and make recommendations on improvements to systems, tools, and processes
- Support technical requirements gathering, technical gap analysis, and contribute to backlog grooming
- Collaborate with other engineering teams in designing, implementing and integrating the business applications
What you must have?
- Information Technology application management, engineering and delivery experience (5+ years)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, engineering or related field.
- Experience with solution design, implementation, and delivery of secure & scalable services
- 3-5 years of experience in the administration, configuration and support of Atlassian products: Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence), add-ons, associated plug-ins and extensions, Project Setups, Reports, Security roles.
- Strong understanding of business processes and experience leveraging Atlassian Suite to maximize and improve those processes
- Ability to work in a fast-changing, dynamic, and agile environment, including the ability to manage time and maintain an excellent work ethic
- Ability to work independently across functions and work with all levels of users and management
- Experience with cloud implementations (PaaS, IaaS) in Azure, AWS or GCP
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience with Identity & Access Management workflows & platforms (Okta, OAuth, etc)
- Experience in directly engaging with the business teams to understand their requirements
- Experience with middleware / data integration platforms (Mulesoft, Boomi, etc.)
- Software engineering fundamentals including knowledge of design patterns and OO design principles.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.