We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Cruise Senior Growth Marketing Manager will be responsible for defining our early customer acquisition and growth strategies. As we move from R&D to early commercialization, this key hire will design and execute targeted marketing programs as we launch our self-driving ride-hailing and delivery services. Partnering closely with Product, Design, Operations, and Finance teams, this leader will help define our early customer experiences and go to market plans. Longer term, the role will focus on commercial success as we build a customer acquisition and retention model that enables us to deliver Lifetime Value (LTV) to Cost to Acquire (CAC) ratios that work for our business model.
This first Growth Marketing hire is a key leadership role within our Marketing team, and will design and scale their organization as our business scales - an amazing opportunity to build a performance marketing team and practice “from the ground up.” This role will ultimately build scalable models to inform our marketing mix on a city-by-city basis as we develop a “go to market” playbook and approach.
This role reports to the Director of Marketing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help shape & contribute to our go to market strategy for Cruise’s commercial launch.
- Build a qualified market entry model that delivers our app install, rider, repeat rider, and customer satisfaction goals at a cost that fits our business model.
- Lead the design and early thinking around our Advertising Technology Stack, ensuring seamless integration with our broader systems to manage the customer relationships on an end to end basis.
- Gain alignment on marketing investment levels with finance.
- Execute our complete performance media mix according to an aligned marketing plan; work closely with owned content teams to ensure strategic integration across channels.
- Analyze and interpret data from market feedback that leads you to adjust and refine our marketing plans on a daily and weekly basis to maximize our in market effectiveness.
- As the business builds, develop retention marketing campaigns to drive repeat customers, LTV and engagement.
What you must have:
- Passion and experience driving growth for consumer facing, digital first brands
- Proven track record in developing growth marketing strategies, including audience segmentation and targeting, funnel management, channel strategy, and media mix
- Deep expertise in performance marketing methodologies to drive app installs, initial user trial, and repeat usage and loyalty
- Deep experience in advertising technology application and development; experience working cross-functionally to recommend and implement Marketing infrastructure
- Deep analytical capability and experience working with data analytics and optimization teams to refine programs and increase efficiency over time
- Strong executive presence; ability to represent their functional expertise to senior executives in a cohesive and clear manner
- Fluent in cross-functional communication between organizations
- A collaborative, humble, hands-on approach, and an ego that lends itself to great work rather than individual accolades
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.