We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Senior Data Engineer, Analytics Platform will work directly with Data Scientists, Autonomous Vehicle (AV) engineers, Product Managers and leadership to develop ELT data pipelines that extract key insights from our extensive real-world and simulation data. Your pipelines will generate datasets that serve as the backbone for analyses at the company and will help drive decision making by engineers and executives. You will be responsible for feature development as well as ensuring the pipelines are robust and highly performant. You will also write software that will serve as the platform on which external partners can develop their own data processing pipelines. The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about using data to answer hard questions, delivering robust software, optimizing and automating processes, and collaborating with others to help them seek hard problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain data pipelines using Google BigQuery, Dataflow, and other distributed processing tools. These pipelines will process petabytes of information and will:
- Work with customer teams to turn their analytics questions into data engineering solutions
- Build a data platform that enables engineering teams to build and maintain their own distributed data pipelines
- Train engineers and multi-functional partners on how to most efficiently use the data tools at Cruise
- Find opportunities to simplify workflows, automate tasks, and build components that are reusable across multiple use-cases and teams
What you must have:
- 3+ years experience in Data Engineering or back-end Software Engineering
- Strong proficiency with Python and SQL
- Experience with building and maintaining distributed data pipelines
- Experience with MapReduce frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery) and/or Apache Beam/Google Dataflow
- Experience with workflow management tooling (eg. Airflow, Kubeflow Pipelines, Luigi)
- Creative, inventive, and passionate about seeking new solutions to problems and opportunities
- A track record of leading multi-functional initiatives
- Experience with building end-to-end ML workflows (Data Munging -> Data Preparation -> Modeling)
- Experience with DBT
- Experience working on a data platform team passionate about distributed compute
- Experience in AV or Automotive industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.