We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for a General Manager to oversee and direct all fleet operations in San Francisco. In this position, the General Manager’s primary focus is (1) to ensure excellence and consistency in local market operations and (2) to own all local market Key Performance Indicators. General Managers are the subject matter authorities for their respective local market activities, with a deep understanding of local market geographies, requirements, and nuances. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years of experience in running local or regional Operations teams, and experience with high-growth or large scale environments in a transportation business (ridesharing, transit, airlines, etc). This position reports into the Vice President of Markets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Launch and operate a driverless vehicle fleet to serve ridesharing and future revenue streams
- Oversee and coordinate all operations in the local market, ensuring activities meet deadlines, objectives, and quality/safety standards
- Hire, train, mentor, and lead the Operations teams which include, but are not limited to: AV Trainers (safety drivers), Operations Managers, Fleet Operations Engineers, Vehicle Technicians, etc.
- Document and analyze existing business processes, identify challenges, and make appropriate recommendations for improvement; define future business processes.
- Optimize local fleet to meet daily operational needs, critical metrics, and future company growth targets.
- Make proactive recommendations to leadership to improve overall market performance
- Work with a variety of teams to identify and optimize key improvement areas and processes to support both local and company-wide success regarding market operation performance
- Manage and continually up-level the overall customer experience
- Operate with a high level of autonomy in a rapidly evolving environment
What you must have:
- 15+ years industry experience, with 6+ years experience in Operations at a high-growth company
- Strong experience and proven track record to lead large, high-performing teams
- Education in relevant fields and/or equivalent work experience, ideally with Industrial Engineering and Business education
- Strong leadership skills, able to both serve as a strong individual contributor and direct team activities
- Reliable judgement in complex situations
- Able to link strategies to financial results
- Possess technical acumen, business expertise, and an ability to communicate with both Engineering and Operations teams
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapidly changing market conditions
- Ability to juggle numerous activities & projects simultaneously and with ease
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world!
- Previous experience in automotive and/or high-tech industry
- Proven track record in managing a P&L
- Experience managing net promoter scores
- Engineering background
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.