We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise Staff Enterprise Applications Architect (EAA) is a leadership role with accountability for designing high quality systems across a broad set of software applications, platforms and business domains while ensuring business performance targets are achieved. EAA - Staff builds cross-domain reference architectures, partners closely with portfolio planning teams to shape solution designs, and takes a lead role during solution delivery while collaborating with Engineering, Security, and Enterprise Application teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Define the skills, competencies and talents for architecture team members. Assists in establishing the architecture team, including the recruitment, development and maintenance of the architecture staff
- Lead the development and execution of enterprise app architecture based on business and IT strategies in collaboration with the technology leaders of various domains (for example: People Tech, Finance Tech, Inventory Mgmt, CRM, Identity, Security, Data Privacy, etc).
- Lead the IT enterprise-wide technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise direction. Reviews existing business processes, capabilities and establishes metrics to improve processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction
- Lead a specialized architecture governance process and ensures adherence to roadmaps, standards, and policies
- Collaborate in the definition and implementation of the enterprise disaster recovery approach and plan for the recovery of the IT service portfolio and environment, to meet the need for immediate business continuity and resumption
- Champion the architectural initiatives and develops IT enterprise-wide policies, standards, guidelines and procedures, and promotes the EA process, outcome and results to IT teams
- Develop IT system strategy, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development, and aligns strategy with organizational goals
- Work with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology trade-offs influence strategy
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, engineering or related field.
- Overall information technology experience (14+ years)
- Enterprise architecture experience (10+ years)
- Software engineering and delivery experience (10+ years)
- Experience in IT infrastructure, portfolio planning and business analysis.
- Highly skilled in design patterns and anti-patterns to improve system quality
- Experience building architecture diagrams and models using UML or other standard notation
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and listening skills
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.