We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
- Accountable for ensuring system quality, performance, security, scalability, availability, and flexibility
- Accountable to manage and optimize the Customer portfolio applications, business systems, data, and technologies
- Accountable to facilitate technology decisions
- Accountable for defining the solution architectures for proposed projects
- Accountable for defining Architecture Policies, Principles, and Standards for Enterprise Applications
- Advocates IT and business leaders on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities
What you'll be doing:
- Work with key stakeholders in our organization (Customer Experience, Customer Support, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and other cross-functional organizations) to help reach enterprise architecture decisions to support Cruise’s longer term business goals.
- Define and enable a solution selection framework, including in the framework principles such as modularization, standardization, and reuse of existing technologies.
- Design and lead a multi-year enterprise architecture roadmap, balancing short and long-term goals and investments to scale and deliver our solutions globally.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution.
- Directs cross-enterprise architectural activities to manage and simplify the IT Landscape, and acts as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects
- Maintains an accurate portfolio of business capabilities, strategies, and opportunities and the corresponding underpinning information technologies and services
- Leads the IT enterprise-wide technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise direction. Reviews existing business processes, capabilities and establishes metrics to improve processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction
- Develops IT system strategy, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development, and aligns strategy with organizational goals
- Leads a specialized architecture governance process and ensures adherence to roadmaps, standards, and policies
- Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements and manages exceptions to architectural standards at a specialized/portfolio level
- Collaborates in the definition and implementation of the enterprise disaster recovery approach and plan for the recovery of the IT service portfolio and environment, to meet the need for immediate business continuity and resumption
- Works with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology trade-offs influence strategy
- Leads the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities
- Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others; develops, motivates, and directs staff to create a team environment
- Collaborates with other IT teams in the management of technical change, verification of testing results, and monitoring of technical standards compliance and deployment
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, engineering or related field.
- Experience in enterprise systems,, including experience with CRM platforms, products and development of custom solutions on the platform. (15+ years)
- Experience in leading architecture for enterprise systems and applications, including driving vision, strategy, and roadmap. (10+ years)
- Experience in IT infrastructure, portfolio planning and business analysis.
- Skilled leader, communicator, and facilitator, with the ability to effectively manage discussions toward results
- Skilled in methods to define business value and shape solutions to achieve business value at the lowest cost and at the fastest duration possible
- Skilled coach and mentor relevant planning and delivery
- Highly skilled in design patterns and anti-patterns to improve system quality
- Highly skilled in modern technologies that scale.
- Highly skilled in building architecture diagrams and models using UML or other standard notation
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation across teams
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.