We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Vehicle Communications team is responsible for keeping our driverless cars connected on the road. They create on-car systems and proprietary algorithms to securely stream data to and from our autonomous vehicles. They use custom network protocols to deliver mission-critical vehicle commands and telematics with low latency even in low bandwidth areas. They are the API layer between the car and the cloud.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement highly performant, high-availability software that powers vehicle-to-cloud communication
- High performance driver development and tuning for networking, storage, data movement, and hardware I/O
- Library, framework, and build system development to enable application software work
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Effectively participate in team’s planning, code reviews, KPIs reviews, and design discussions leading to continuous improvements in these areas
What you must have:
- Experience building high performance low latency solutions to facilitate the communication of data across networks
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- 2+ years industry experience in C/C++ or Golang
- Strong understanding of fundamentals and best practices with C/C++ or Golang
- Experience building high performance low latency solutions to facilitate the communication of data across cellular and wireless networks
- Experience with low-level protocols such as TCP, UDP, RTP
- 5+ years industry experience in C/C++ and Golang
- Strong understanding of fundamentals and best practices with C/C++ and Golang
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.