We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today's most complex and unusual engineering challenges, while making an immensely positive impact.
Our team is responsible for defining and building the in-car experience for a driverless car. We provide interaction and situational awareness to our passengers to make them feel comfortable and safe about the driverless car’s behavior. We operate under a rapid product development process where we incorporate new ideas and designs, gather feedback, and quickly iterate to improve our product.
By joining the In-Car Experience team at Cruise you will get the opportunity to work on many unique problems and technologies on the forefront of Android. Our applications are written in 100% Kotlin, we practice modern design patterns, and leverage cutting edge libraries, such as Android Architecture Components, to keep our applications performant and testable.
On top of getting to work with the latest technologies, you will get to build and expand upon a number of unique systems we’ve built to support our problem space. This includes our own Android Application/Device Management solution, powerful and proprietary testing tools. At Cruise, you can explore all levels of the Android ecosystem down to the OS and hardware levels, as we work to solve unique technical problems on our way to delivering the in-car experience for autonomous vehicles!
- Build out features requested by autonomous vehicle technicians, other AV engineers, our product team and our executives
- Write unit and integration tests for the app
- Understand our robotics platform and how to interact with it efficiently
- Continually implement technical improvements to our Android architecture and development process
Skills and abilities:
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years experience on Android
- BS degree preferred (CS)
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available on Google Play
- Ability to balance speed of development, code quality, and automated testing
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Deep knowledge of Android architecture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly delivering quality features to iterate on and learn from, often working in areas outside of their comfort zone to arrive at the optimal solution
- Kotlin experience
- Computer graphics and visualization knowledge
- Experience with game engines
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested