We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Simulation Infrastructure team owns the platforms that facilitate the execution of autonomous vehicle simulation and testing. We efficiently and reliably provide simulation and test execution at scale.
The team is responsible for our simulation workload scheduler, which represents a large portion of Cruise’s compute consumption, and optimizing its efficiency.
We are looking for a Senior Software engineer to join the team to help scale our platforms, create automation and self-service tools for our users, and help us run simulations efficiently at scale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and developing systems to make it easy for hundreds of engineers to execute a large number of simulations
- Automating, monitoring, and optimizing our systems to scale reliably and efficiently
- Communicating and building consensus with internal stakeholders to understand what to build (and what not to build)
- Mentoring junior engineers, performing code reviews, participating in design reviews, and performing other duties to up-level Cruise engineering
- Debugging production systems, participating in on-call, and running incidents
What you must have:
- Fluency in at least one language such as Go, Python, Java, C++, or Rust
- Expertise in software development practices such as microservice architecture, API development, and CI/CD
- Experience in a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Excellent technical communication skills
- At least 5 years of experience in software and platform development
- Knowledge of Linux and networking fundamentals
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry, Mesos, etc.
- Experience with observability tools for Logging, Metrics, and Tracing
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested