We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
We are looking for an expert Sr. Sensor Algorithms Engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle Hardware team and help us build the best self-autonomous system in the world. In this position, you will be part of the Sensors team, which is responsible for developing automotive sensors for autonomous vehicles. You will interact with sensor hardware engineers, embedded software engineers, systems engineers, perception engineers, technical program managers internally, and various component vendors externally to ensure high-quality sensors are designed, manufactured, and tuned. You will be tasked with establishing signal processing algorithm efforts aimed at improving the camera and LiDAR feature set for the autonomous use-case.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research and prototype state-of-art algorithms in the field of sensor signal processing and computer vision for autonomous vehicle use-case
- Collaborate closely with all engineering stakeholders in system-level design and requirements for integration of algorithms in SoCs
- Optimize algorithms for real-time embedded systems and functional safety
- Collaborate with machine perception developers and hardware teams to architect sensing strategy for autonomous vehicles at scale
What you must have:
- BS, MS/ PhD in imaging science, EE, CS, or similar field with 3+ years of hands-on experience in camera/LiDAR development
- Expert knowledge and experience in C/C++, and Python
- Experience in signal/image processing, sensor fusion, and computer vision
- Experience with automotive ISP/CV is a big plus
- Experience with Lidar signal processing
- Experience in porting algorithms to DSP
- Experience with vendor management and manufacturing processes
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.