We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a compensation professional to join our San Francisco team as a Sr Manager of Compensation Operations. The primary responsibility of this role will be to support our base pay program to ensure we are staying competitive with the market and compliant with regulations related to pay equity and FLSA. In addition, the successful candidate will project manage our annual compensation cycle, maintain our job structures and compensation data in Workday, and develop internal tools for our recruiting partners. This role will manage one analyst. The ideal candidate is a systems thinker and is organized, detail-oriented and enjoys being part of a team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the analysis of market data and development of our salary ranges
- Maintain our current job structure in Workday
- Partner with other compensation team members to deliver a world class annual compensation cycle
- Perform analysis on the effectiveness and competitiveness of base pay program and model potential impact of alternatives
- Create and manage tools to support our recruiting team’s ability to move swiftly in making compensation offers to candidates
- Stay up to date with applicable employment-related federal and state requirements regarding employee pay; stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation
- Lead workstreams related to pay equity, compensation for remote work and FLSA analysis
- Recommend process changes that can improve the delivery of compensation programs to employees
- Participate in annual compensation surveys as well as relevant ad-hoc trends surveys
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience maintaining compensation and incentive plans, with a minimum of 8+ years experience in compensation
- Strong project and program management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. working knowledge or ability to learn: vlookups, nested functions, pivot tables, charts/graphs, etc.)
- Familiarity with Workday or other HCM system
- Experience with a compensation planning system
- Highly collaborative style, and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail and dedication to perfection
- The ability to adapt quickly and continue providing the highest level of customer service in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- A passion for analytics and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains working knowledge of Radford (Aon Hewitt)
- Completed/In process of completion the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) requirements
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.