We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
Cruise is looking for an AV Behavioral Diagnostics Engineer to help us analyze and understand our AVs behavioral performance release to release. In this position, you will identify trends, develop new or improved processes, and automate diagnosis for our key partners in Product Management, AV Engineering and Systems Engineering. If you're interested in improving our AV’s on-road performance through your detective work, let's chat!
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain an understanding of the Autonomous Vehicle (AV) software stack by working with AV engineers/PMs to review upcoming feature design docs/pull request descriptions
- Utilize in-house tools to triage and diagnose events occurring during on-road AV testing
- Become a domain specialist and team representative for certain AV components, maintaining knowledge of component limitations, diagnostic techniques, performance expectations, etc.
- Assess and communicate AV behavior anomalies and risks supported by data driven analysis to leadership and key partners
- Develop automation, tools/dashboards, and new processes to improve efficiency of diagnosis
- Work with our partners in systems engineering, systems test and simulation to correlate test suites with results from on-road analysis
- Conduct or provide detailed recommendations to retrospectives and drive initiatives which lead to preventative actions
What you must have:
- Validated experience at communicating data driven decisions to leadership
- Worked on a product that poses integration challenges by combining, HW, SW, embedded systems and operations
- Experience in mission or safety critical product development environments
- Consistent track record of root cause analysis in complex systems
- Strong experience with GitHub and Jira or equivalent tools
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming a specialist in your domain
- BS or MS in Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Python, bash or scripting experience with exposure to C++
- Experience with robotics and CI automation
- Experience with developing data driven metrics
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.