We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
This is a role for someone who has built large scale productionized distributed systems in the past and is comfortable leading projects and mentoring team members.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide technical leadership in architecting, implementing, and rolling out the next generations of our Map data storage and labeling at Cruise.
- Collaborate with others, from hardworking team members within your group, through smart technologists in other functions like machine learning, AI, or data science, to responsible leaders across Cruise.
- Build up strong relationships with people in the organization, meaningfully collaborating, and building trust.
- Be a role model and mentor for others on acting with good judgment and responsibility.
- Have vision and identify strategically important problems, inefficiencies, or opportunities for meaningful improvements.
- Raise the bar on engineering excellence by improving standard methodologies, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring..
What you must have:
- 8+ years as a developer.
- Strong experience in building, shipping, debugging, and operating full stack web services in a production environment.
- Have owned and shipped products used by end consumers.
- Expert knowledge in designing, building and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience communicating well across functions and groups, including product, design, and end users.
- Strong skills in debugging distributed production systems and tracing behavior across multiple microservices.
- Strong knowledge of API design, SOA, microservices, Node.js (or equivalent), and HTTP.
- Knowledge of front end frameworks like React, Redux, Mapbox (or equivalent) etc.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Passionate about building web services and reusable software components: how they're used, how they scale, how they fit together and how they break
- Knowledge of computer vision, machine learning, or automated cartographic error detection in maps
- Knowledge or experience working with PostGIS
- Deep experience working with the internals of Node.js
- Experience designing performant geo-spatial APIs
- Experience in Typescript
- Experience with Linear Algebra & Single Variable Calculus.
- Experience debugging node internals and performance issues in production deployments
- Experience in event driven programming and managing distributed state
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested