We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
This is a role for someone who has built large scale productionized distributed systems in the past and is comfortable leading projects and mentoring team members.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide technical leadership in architecting, implementing, and rolling out the next generations of our Map data storage and labeling at Cruise.
- Collaborate with others, from hardworking team members within your group, through smart technologists in other functions like machine learning, AI, or data science, to responsible leaders across Cruise.
- Build up strong relationships with people in the organization, meaningfully collaborating, and building trust.
- Be a role model and mentor for others on acting with good judgment and responsibility.
- Have vision and identify strategically important problems, inefficiencies, or opportunities for meaningful improvements.
- Raise the bar on engineering excellence by improving standard methodologies, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring..
What you must have:
- 8+ years as a developer.
- Strong experience in building, shipping, debugging, and operating full stack web services in a production environment.
- Have owned and shipped products used by end consumers.
- Expert knowledge in designing, building and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience communicating well across functions and groups, including product, design, and end users.
- Strong skills in debugging distributed production systems and tracing behavior across multiple microservices.
- Strong knowledge of API design, SOA, microservices, Node.js (or equivalent), and HTTP.
- Knowledge of front end frameworks like React, Redux, Mapbox (or equivalent) etc.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Passionate about building web services and reusable software components: how they're used, how they scale, how they fit together and how they break
- Knowledge of computer vision, machine learning, or automated cartographic error detection in maps
- Knowledge or experience working with PostGIS
- Deep experience working with the internals of Node.js
- Experience designing performant geo-spatial APIs
- Experience in Typescript
- Experience with Linear Algebra & Single Variable Calculus.
- Experience debugging node internals and performance issues in production deployments
- Experience in event driven programming and managing distributed state
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.