We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
In this role you will model the processes and related variances to measure the performance of an autonomous vehicle both on-road and in simulation. Additionally, build predictive models to predict on road behavior and models for root cause attribution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hypothesis testing, power analyses, statistical estimation, and uncertainty modeling
- Bias estimation and subsampling/importance sampling strategies
- Account for intrinsic nonstationarity in underlying process performance
- Significance testing of system requirements
- Rendering precise formulations of ambiguous problem statements
What you must have:
- 3+ years of practical experience in statistical estimation
- Facility with standard statistical methods like linear and logistic regression, SVM, confidence intervals, significance testing
- Academic/industry experience in applying Bayesian methods, MCMC, Gibbs Sampling to real world problems
- Practical experience with imputation methods, censored regression
- Practical command over Python and/or R or similar analytical tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive practical experience in statistical data analysis
- PhD in a quantitative discipline (statistics, operations, biostatistics, econometrics, etc.)
- Prior experience with rare event statistics
- Experience with active learning methods (Multiarm-Bandit, Active Thompson Sampling etc)
- Prior experience with causal inference using instrumental variables and other forms of multifactor attribution methods
- Observational trial design and analysis experience, including balancing and matching techniques
- Familiarity with sequential testing methods
- Prior experience in a related robotics or autonomy discipline
- Practical experience with PyMC3
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.