We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We are hiring a San Francisco-based Executive Assistant to support 3-4 Engineering Directors on our Technical Strategy & Execution team. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-impact environment, where they can be part of a growing team and organization. Well-honed organizational skills, professionalism, technical aptitude, and a positive attitude are a must.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help to create efficiency and organization across the departments
- Ownership of three very dynamic calendars - navigate a high volume of inbound requests, recurring events, and last-minute changes
- Understand the priorities and objectives of your Leaders
- Schedule and plan quarterly offsites and retreats
- Suggest process improvements
- Creation of presentation materials
- Assist with agenda development for leadership meetings and with follow-up tracking
- Ownership of budget management and expense reimbursements
- Be a culture contributor: calm under pressure, able to interact with a diverse group, and have an interest in tech and product
- Act as a team point person - handle team requests, assist with general inquiries, problem-solve, and help to keep the team on-track and organized
- Arrange travel, schedule transit, and make reservations for Leaders
- Regular use of discretion and sound judgment
What you must have:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Excellent time and project management skills. You have clear systems and composure to deal with multiple tasks at once
- Experience in complex calendar management in a matrixed organization
- Experience navigating and seamlessly executing complex travel requests
- Strong knowledge of G Suite.
- You’re highly professional and diplomatic; you know when to ask for help or advice, and are perceptive and practical
- A proactive and ownership mindset - you can take a task and execute at a high level with minimal direction
- Creative problem solving abilities, and are able to think outside the box
- Ability to take and action feedback
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Experience working in the tech industry
- Experience supporting engineering leadership
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.